Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Why GFX and how it's different from others?
If you see other major ecommerce companies they let any third party to sell, hence there are fair chances you may get a counterfeit, duplicate, smuggled, damaged, refurbished, or a customer returned items, and even the company cannot control them. This is the major difference between GFX and all others, with GFX we never let any third party to sell on our platform and ONLY the ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURERS can sell on GFX. Which means your product will get shipped right from the manufacturers to our customers with an original manufacturer's warranty, greater customer experience, and value for money.
The GFX - Gears (G) of Future (F) Online Electronics (X)
1. What can I return?
You may request returns for most of the items you buy from GFX that are within the return window, except those that are explicitly identified as not returnable on the product detail page or GFX Return Policy.
Items are returnable if you’ve received the item in a condition that is physically damaged, has missing parts or accessories, defective or different from its description on the product detail page on Gears Of Future.
2. What are the guidelines for returning an item?
- Your address and the item that you wish to return must be eligible for return.
- If the return is not eligible for Pickup, a Self-Return option will be given.
- Once the return is received, you will, in accordance with GFX refund policy, be issued a refund to your original payment method. For Pay on Delivery orders, refunds will be processed to your bank account (via National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)).
3. Are items purchased on GearsofFuture.com eligible for replacements?
If the item you ordered arrived in a physically damaged or defective condition or is different from their description on the product detail page, or has missing parts or accessories, it will be eligible for a free replacement.
1. What does the term Pre-order mean?
At times, we're able to give you the chance to buy a much-wanted product before it is available in the market. This is when we list the product for pre-order—so you can pre-booked and pay for it in advance. The product will be shipped soon after the official launch.
2. Can I cancel a Pre-ordered item?
You can cancel your order until the OEM process it.
3. My shipping address and billing address may be different. Will that be a problem?
Not at all. You can choose to have separate shipping and billing addresses. Our team will deliver the order to your shipping address.
4. What are the modes of delivery available?
Air Express Delivery - Anyone who orders any products on our platform is eligible for the Air Express Delivery and it's a free of cost service to anywhere in India. Delivered in 1 to 2 days and based on the proximity of port stations.
Store Pickup - Order online, and collect is from the GFX store pickup center with the scheduled time booked.
5. How do I find out if GFX delivers to my location?
When you enter your PIN code while placing your order, we will instantly be able to tell you if we can deliver to your location.
6. Do you deliver internationally?
We don’t deliver internationally at the moment. Right now, you can place your orders from anywhere in the world as long as the shipping address is in India.
7. Can I request different items from same order to be delivered separately?
Unfortunately, at the moment we can’t ship different products in the same order to separate addresses. We hope we can make this happen for you soon.
8. Why is the Cash On Delivery (COD) payment option not available to my location?
The Cash on Delivery (COD) payment option is only available if the logistics partner delivering to your location offers the option. You can check if this payment option is available to you at Checkout. Please note that logistics companies also place limits on the amount you can pay through cash on delivery based on the destination, and your order could have exceeded this limit.
1. What is an EMI payment option?
The EMI or Equated Monthly Instalment payment option allows you to pay for your orders in easy monthly instalments, provided you have a card from a partner bank.
2. How do I know if my order is eligible for an EMI?
If your order is eligible for an EMI purchase, you will see the EMI option, along with a table of EMI providers and their corresponding rates and tenures offered, on the payment page during checkout.
3. How do I know if the EMI payment process was successful?
As soon as you make your purchase on GFX, you will see the full amount charged to your card. It will take the bank a few days (the time frame depends from bank to bank) to convert this into an EMI. From your next billing cycle, you will be charged the EMI amount and your credit limit will be reduced by the outstanding amount. For example, if you have made a three-month EMI purchase of RS 25,000 and your credit limit is RS 1,00,000, then your bank will block your credit limit by RS 25,000 and thus your available credit limit after the purchase will only be RS 75,000. As and when you pay your EMI every month, your credit limit will be released accordingly. For any further queries, please contact your bank.
4. What happens if I cancel an order that is paid for using the EMI option?
If you cancel an order payed for using the EMI option, GFX will refund the purchase amount to you immediately and the EMI will be cancelled. You will then need to contact your bank to confirm how the EMI scheme on your credit card has been modified, or for any queries on foreclosure.
5. What are the payment modes available on GFX?
You can pay using your Net-banking account, credit and debit cards, or cash on delivery (if applicable ). You may also use the EMI option (if applicable).
6. How does the COD payment option work?
While making your purchase, select the Cash on Delivery payment option; you can then pay in cash when our logistics partner delivers your order to you. Please note that this option is only available at select PIN codes.
7. I got charged for my order but I haven’t received an order confirmation mail. What should I do?
On rare occasions, there is a system delay in sending confirmation mails. If you do not receive a confirmation from us within 10-15 minutes of placing the order, contact us. Click here
8. I received a message that says payment is pending. What does this mean?
This means that GFX did not receive a payment confirmation from your bank. In such cases, we try to re-confirm the payment with your bank. If your amount has already been deducted, your order will be confirmed shortly. In case we are not able to confirm your payment, amount will be reversed in your account or card automatically. The amount refunded will reflect in your account within 4-5 working days. Some bank may take 10-15 working days.
9. I got a message saying Payment has timed out.
Payment Timeouts happen in case we're unable to get a confirmation of the payment from your bank. In such cases, any amount deducted from your bank account or card is automatically refunded. The amount refunded will reflect in your account within 4-5 working days. Some bank may take 10-15 working days.
10. Is it safe to use my credit/debit card?
All credit/debit card payments on GFX are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways managed by leading banks. We are Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) complaint. PCI DSS is a proprietary information security standard for organisations that handle branded credit cards from the major card schemes including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and JCB. The PCI Standard is mandated by the card brands and administered by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council. The standard helps in increased controls around cardholder data to reduce card fraud.
11. What card information does GFX store?
We only store the card number, card holder's name and the card's expiry date. We do not store the card's CVV number or 3D Secure password.
12. How does GFX prevent card fraud?
Card payments on GFX are monitored for any suspicious activity and some transactions go through extensive checks, especially if we find any suspicious activity. In situations where we suspect fraud, the suspect transaction is kept on hold and we ask for relevant documents as proof. This is to ensure that transactions are genuine and authorised.
13. Where do I find interest rates for credit card EMI plans?
This information is available at Checkout. The EMI plan, including interest rates and the amount charged by the bank, will appear once you select the EMI payment option.
14. Can I pay with any credit card?
Yes, you can pay with any Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card issued in India.
15. Can I use a saved card to make an EMI payment?
Of course you can, if your saved credit card is eligible for your bank's EMI programme.
16. Can I use any debit card to pay for my order?
Yes, you can pay with any Visa, MasterCard or Maestro debit card issued in India.
17. Can I use the Cash On Delivery (COD) payment option for every product I buy on GFX?
Unfortunately not. The Cash on Delivery (COD) option is restricted by factors such as the delivery PIN code, type of product being purchased etc. You can check if this payment option is available to you at Checkout.
1. How can I modify an order that I’ve already placed?
Unfortunately, you can’t modify an order once it has been placed. However, we understand that you may change your mind. You can cancel an order after you’ve placed it. Make sure you do this before the OEM processed it.
2. Can I change the delivery address after I have placed my order?
Yes, you can. However, it must be changed before your order is confirmed. Please note that you will only be able to change the address if our logistics partners can deliver to the revised address.
3. Is my order confirmed? Where can I find confirmation details?
You’ll get an email once the seller confirms your order. The email will give you details about your order, including the Order ID, and the information on the product(s) ordered. You can also track your order here by entering your order number and email/phone number.
4. What if my package is opened/tampered?
If you feel that your package has been opened/tampered with, please don't accept delivery. Please contact us and raise a complaint.